Friday 5 July 2013

Testicular Cancer

Well that has got right to the point!  The reason I haven't updated the blog for so long has been due in large part to going through treatment for Testicular Cancer.  Going into hospital to have a tumor removed and then having chemotherapy is not overly conducive to getting other things done.  However, I have had time in between things to try to get some things done but I haven't really done much of anything lately!  Part of that in the last couple of weeks has been due to watching copious amounts of tennis as Wimbledon has been on and I have been cheering on Andy Murray to win!

I had my operation back in April and as a result wasn't that mobile for a while I didn't feel like doing much music anyway.  I'm pleased to say that I feel a lot better now and the wound has been healed up for a while now, however it does still feel a little strange sometimes.  Also strange is only having one testicle now.  But I feel OK about it, after all you only need one.  Last week I had a single treatment session of chemotherapy and that really did one over on me!  But I am hoping that will be all the chemotherapy I need and I feel about a thousand times better today than I did this time last week that is for sure!

So not a lot of music has been done lately.  However I did compose something on the piano when I was feeling very ill last week.  I think that feeling so ill sort of freed up my brain to just play and not worry so much about what I was playing.  It was quite liberating in a way, but I don't think I want to go through chemotherapy every time I compose something new anytime soon.

I think I'm in the process of reevaluating a lot of the things at the moment.  It has been a strange year so far and I'm not really sure what to think.  But I do know I have a lot of music to finish and release and I want to still get that done.  I still struggle to know how to release things in terms of albums or singles or EPs.  I think I might have to just start releasing things a piece at a time and think about how that might fit into a collection afterwards, otherwise I will never release anything!

I shall update again soon, and perhaps even include some new music.  But for now, if you are a man, please check yourself down there right now and if you do find anything don't be afraid to go to the doctor.  I was lucky to find mine very early and it is far better to catch it as soon as possible.  Similarly, if you know a man tell him to check himself!  Once you have been seen by a couple of doctors you soon learn to not be embarrassed anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment