Thursday 14 March 2013

March Update

I Haven't been updating as much I as I hoped I would so far this month!  However I, after a brief spell of no productivity on my part, I'm happy to say that I'm back and recording again.

This last week I have been working on my vocal tracks and various songs. I may first upload some of these songs in the form of an EP and then release the album later.  I think this way may be better as I can test out how happy I am with the sound of them before committing them to a final album.  I find songs harder to get right than instrumental purely because I have to record vocals and I'm never happy with the way it sounds - both from a performance side and a recording side.  However I have been making progress with both of those aspects this week.  I have managed to get the background noise down on my vocal tracks which is a great help.  I am now fiddling about with equalisers and compressors, as well as experimenting with microphone technique.  So hopefully soon I shall have some semi-decent vocals to upload!

Once I'm generally happy with one song I may upload that as a standalone preview of things to come.  I also need to get back onto YouTube and upload some more cover versions of all sorts.  I have some good ideas in mind which should be quite eclectic and enjoyable I hope.  But now I should get back to work, so I shall say goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment